We’re looking for a new nurse to join our team!
Green Square Health is looking for a GP practice nurse, who ideally is RN level 3 or above (will consider level 2) APPLY HERE
As a clinic that strives to deliver the best in preventative care, the nurse role will be a central driver in the management of chronic disease for our rapidly growing community.
Skill in using the relevant software (PENCAT, POLAR) to see where chronic disease efforts should be focused, and then facilitating the recall, booking and planning of chronic disease care for patients is our priority.
Our demographic is young, and chronic disease here doesn’t look the same as it might elsewhere. Earlier diagnosis of diabetes, inflammatory and autoimmune conditions, and chronic infections means early intervention and follow up will make meaningful differences to peoples lives.
As cliche as it sounds, teamwork is so important to us, and we’re looking for someone who will help move in the same direction as a team player.
Diligence and an aptitude for problem solving will be highly beneficial. Ideally you will be someone who relishes the opportunity to collaborate and provide clinical support to GPs and is interested in learning and growing professionally.
Other key nursing duties will include taking observations, ECGs, spirometry, administration of medication, wound management and dressings, care plans, health assessments, assisting with minor surgical procedures and immunisations. In return we will offer you above award remuneration, a supportive and flexible working environment, and the chance to grow professionally in line with our ethos of continuous improvement and education.
- Previous experience in practice accreditation with GPA or AGPAL
- Previous experience in the use of patient auditing tools
- An understanding of the Medicare Benefits Schedule
- Previous experience in general practice nursing
- Current registration with AHPRA (RN)
- Training in CPR, undertaken within the past 12 months
- A high level of computer literacy
- The right to legally work in Australia
- Working with children check
- National police check
GS Health has been serving the community since January 2016, and built to provide the best care we can to our community. Our team is caring and compassionate with a patient-centric approach. We care very much about what we do, from the first hello, to the way our systems are designed to ensure safe, effective, modern, secure and confidential practices.
We believe practising slow medicine is key to providing excellent patient care. We’re always striving to be better and are always open to feedback from both patients and staff which means we review our systems regularly and are always open to change.
There are 5 GP’s (3 full time and 2 part time) and we will be growing the team over the next few years.
At present our admin team is 8 strong, and extremely proficient at their jobs. We have a part time RN working with us currently, but need another team member to bolster this. We definitely have the capacity for both a full time and a part time nurse, and the flexibility to offer 2 part time positions. Learn more about us at gshealth.com.au
GS Health Core Values
- People firstGS Health values people. Medicine is a people business, delivered by people, for people, and as such people take priority. Teamwork, patient care, self-care all help us do the best work we can. Bullying, rudeness, and threatening behaviour are never welcome.
- We welcome diversityDiversity makes us strong, and at GS Health we welcome it. Our small team represents diversity as it is represented in the community we live in. But diversity includes different ways of thinking and doing things and we welcome it all as long as it helps us achieve our mission.
- We careAt the end of the day, all of us working here should care about what we do. Our day to day tasks can make a big difference in patients’ health. Mailing out letters, faxing referrals, calling about results, all of these should be done with care, because we care.
If you think we are the right fit for you please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your relevant experience, and we’ll be in touch!
Please apply via our Seek listing here